SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS (UK) LIMITED
GALAXY GOOGLE PLAY PROMOTION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion at www.samsungpromotions.claims/googleplay form part of the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited, Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (the “Promoter”).
- The Promotion will commence at 00:01 (GMT) on 24th March 2021 and shall close at 23:59 (BST) on 30th April 2021 (the “Promotion Period”).
- To be eligible to participate in the Promotion you must be a legal resident (aged 18+) (“Individual Participant”) of the United Kingdom, Isle of Man, Channel Islands or Republic of Ireland (“Territories”) or a company registered in one of the Territories (“Company Participant”). For the avoidance of doubt, within these Terms and Conditions the term “Participant” shall be taken to refer to both Individual Participants and Company Participants (and the applicable plural) unless stated otherwise.
- Employees or agents of the Promoter that are involved in the operation of this Promotion or anyone professionally connected to this Promotion are not eligible to enter. Sales staff of any Participating Retailers are eligible to participate so long as they have not received a staff discount on the Promotion Product used to take to part in the Promotion.
- Network providers, retailers, distributors, resellers and any person who purchases a Promotion Product (defined below) for resale or otherwise not as the user of the Promotion Product, may not participate in this Promotion and are specifically excluded as a Participant.
- Participants who purchase a new selected (i.e. not second hand, refurbished or ex-display) Samsung Galaxy S21 phone or Tab S7 tablet listed in Table 1 (“Promotion Product”) from a retailer listed in Table 2 below (“Participating Retailer”) either online, by telephone or in-store and within the Promotion Period will be eligible to claim a free Google Play Gift Code worth £150 (for ROI Participants this will be a €170 Google Play branded pre-paid Mastercard) as listed in Table 1 (the “Reward”), subject to full compliance with these Promotion Terms and Conditions (“Promotion Terms”).
Table 1 – Promotion Products and Corresponding Reward
|Promotion Product (SKU)
(all colours/variants included)
|Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
Google Play Gift Code worth £150
€170 Google Play branded pre-paid Mastercard
|Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
|Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
|Samsung Tab S7+ 5G
|Samsung Tab S7+ Wifi
|Samsung Tab S7 LTE
|Samsung Tab S7 Wifi
Table 2 – Participating Retailers
|United Kingdom, Isle of Man and Channel Islands||Amazon.co.uk (sold & dispatched by Amazon only), Amazon Business, AO Mobile, AO.com, Argos, BT, BT Enterprise, Carphone Warehouse, Carphone Warehouse Business, Dixons Travel, EE, EE Business, Giff-Gaff, Harrods, ID Mobile, John Lewis, Littlewoods, Mobile Phones Direct, Mobiles.co.uk, O2, Samsung Experience Store, Partner Retail Services, Samsung Shop Online, Selfridges, Sky, Three, Very, Vodafone, VOXI, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile, Tesco, Carphone Warehouse Business, Currys PC World, Daisy Communications, Daisy Connect, O2 Business, Onecom, Reward Mobile, Voice Mobile, Samsung Kings Cross, Microsoft, N Brown, Pescado, Tela Technology, Aerial Direct, Let’s Connect IT Solutions Ltd, Jersey Telecom, Sure Telecom Ltd, e2Save, Raylo, Jacamo, Simply Be, Home Essentials, JD Williams, Premier Man, Fashion World, Ambrose Wilson, Marisota, 4G Upgrades|
|Republic of Ireland||Alpha Communications, An Post Mobile, Argos, Arnott’s (Expert), B4B telecoms, Bechtle Direct LTD, Brown Thomas (Expert), C&C Cellular, CarCom, Carphone Warehouse, Carphone Warehouse Business, Connections Limited, Currys PC World, DCB Group, DID Electrical, Dixons Travel, Egans Mobile Phone Store LTD, Eir, Eolas Technologie, Electro City, Euronics, Exertis Ireland, Expert, Future Business Intercommunications, Harvey Norman, Irish Mobile, Irwins Ltd, IT Quotes, JV Facility, Kelco Communications, Kerry Phone Group, King Communications, Littlewoods, Meteor, PG Communications, Phones Made Easy, Power City, Electro City, Samsung Shop Online (fulfilled by Exertis), Shaw & Sons Dungarvin, Sky, Soundstore Ireland, South West Communications, Synchro, Talk to Me, Telfords Portlaoise, Tesco Mobile Ireland, The Mobile Phone Shop, The Smartphone Company, ThePhoneStores.ie, Three, Touchcom, Uparty, Very, Virgin Mobile, Vision iD, Vodafone Ireland, Oxendales,|
- To qualify for this Promotion, the Promotion Product must be purchased from a Participating Retailer located within the Territory in which the Participant resides.
- Purchases from auction websites (e.g. eBay) or from third party sellers (e. Amazon Marketplace) are specifically excluded from this Promotion.
- Rewards are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Reward selection is subject to stock availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative Reward of an equivalent value if the Reward is unavailable.
- Individual Participants may submit a maximum of one (1) Claim per Promotion Product purchased, a maximum of one (1) Claim per Individual Participant and four (4) Claims per household. Company Participants are subject to a maximum of fifty (50) Claims per Company Participant.
- To claim, Individual and Company Participants must visit the Website directly at https://20203.samsungpromotions.claims/googleplay (the “Website”), complete the online claim form and upload the required information to make an application for their Reward under this Promotion (a “Claim”). The required information to successfully complete a Claim includes the proof of purchase and IMEI number (for phones) or serial number (for tablets) of the Promotion Product(s) purchased. The Participant may be asked to provide a photograph as proof of the IMEI or serial number.
- Claims may only be submitted between zero (0) and thirty (30) days after the date of purchase, meaning the final Claim date for purchases made on 30th April 2021 is the 30th May 2021 (the “Claim Period”). Claims received outside the Claim Period will be marked as invalid and will not be accepted.
- Participants will be sent an email to confirm their Claim has been received by the Promoter instantly upon completed entry of a Claim. Please note that processing of Claims received may take up to seven (7) days from the date of receipt of the completed Claim form. After processing, Participants will be sent an approval email containing the instructions and method for redemption of their Reward, following which a separate code shall be sent to activate the redemption. The Reward must be activated from the approval email within 30 days, after which it will expire.
- For ROI customers, the pre-paid Mastercard has a 12 month usage from the point it is activated.
- If an email acknowledgement has not been received, it is the Participant’s responsibility to contact the Promoter’s customer service team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 0330 054 0221 (UK, IOM or CI) or 01223 2569 (ROI) within seven (7) days of a Claim being submitted.
- If a Claim is deemed to have been submitted incorrectly, the Participant will be notified via email and SMS and offered the opportunity to provide the required information within seven (7) days. If no response is received within seven (7) days of the email and SMS, then the Claim shall be marked as invalid and the Participant will no longer be eligible to receive the Reward.
- Google Play Credit is subject to the following terms and conditions:
GOOGLE PLAY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Use of the pre-paid Mastercard is subject to the following terms and conditions:
MASTERCARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
Use your Prepaid Mastercard anywhere Mastercard is accepted around the world. This card is issued by Transact Payments Limited pursuant to licence by Mastercard International. Transact Payments Limited is authorised and regulated by the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission.
- Claims that are incomplete or damaged will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of Claims.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify Claims which it considers do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid Claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to proof of pre-order and purchase, as well as the identity, age and other relevant details of a Participant. This process may involve the Promoter sharing information with third parties.
- If a Participant returns a Promotion Product after making a Claim, then the Participating Retailer shall notify the Promoter and the Claim shall be rejected. Where the Reward has already been sent/then the Promoter shall seek to recover the Reward from the Participant which where necessary may involve legal action being carried out against the Participant.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by the Participant when entering the Promotion or claiming the Reward will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to the Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive submissions due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or Claims; (c) any computer or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
- Participants will be solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes and any other relevant costs or expenses which are not stated in the Terms and Conditions as being included.
- By participating in this Promotion, you agree, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, to release and hold the Promoter harmless from any and all liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in or in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation, awarding, acceptance, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of the Reward. The above limitation of liability shall not apply to liability arising from fraud (including fraudulent misrepresentation), death or personal injury caused as a result of Promoter’s negligence.
- The Promotion is governed by the laws of England and Wales.